Monday, November 2, 2009

A Good Reminder

Not that I am one to "preach" to others (after all, I don't even push the non-meat eating lifestyle on hubby, or scold people for not bringing their own bags when they make purchases), but I came across this article today on the perils of consuming soft drinks. I'm not a soda drinker myself really, with rare exceptions, but it was a good reminder of what all the ingredients are doing to our bodies. Several years ago I had Sam switch from regular sodas to diet drinks, hoping to ween him off, but I'm not sure it really did the trick. Maybe I need to link him to this article? I find it amusing that we think diet drinks are somehow better for us because they don't contain calories, but we are perhaps doing even more harm by putting the man made chemicals in us instead. I know this isn't the first article or first doctor to state what seems to be obvious, but I did think it was a good reminder to put whole foods in our bodies rather than the chemically processed items that are so easy to get our hands on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.