Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Yes {Wo}man

Recently, it came to my attention that I like to say "no" to a lot of things. I've never really thought much about this because, well, I've never considered it an issue. I don't refuse things without thought or just to say no. I'm just a person who doesn't mind staying home on a Saturday night {really, I prefer it}, or not going to a party. I like my alone time. It was pointed out to me, however, that saying no to people and opportunities could be a part of what is causing some of the dissatisfaction with my current life situation. So, it seems I have been presented with a challenge to say yes to more things that are put in front of me. Now, I'm not saying I'm turning into Jim Carrey in Yes Man, but I think there could be some very real value in saying yes to more things in life.
Here's to saying "YES" more often than not.

2 comments:

  1. I think it makes sense, within reason. This movie went beyond reason! Right now i'm saying YES to not being sick, but i'm not sure if it's working :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but it was amusing.

    I hope you're not getting sick... I feel like I've been fighting something too.

    ReplyDelete

Word verification is on, but I've turned off the moderation portion in an attempt to make it easier for you to know that your comment has indeed made it through. We'll see how this goes, but I'm hopeful that this will help out and I'll try my best to weed through and remove spammers comments. Additionally, I recommend copying comments before hitting publish as the "blogger comment eater" seems to continue his snacking.