Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Fred, and Back to School

Forgive me this indulgence, but I'm still obsessing about Fred. Today, I took a few pictures of him to attempt to better capture his fabulousness. I haven't yet decorated the basket (which I intend to do), and the tires are already quite filthy, but I still think he's beautiful!

Detail shot of lotus flowers and design
Detail in Om saddle
White tires - dirty, of course
Chainguard detail
Front half of Fred
Wald basket and Om bell
Snow is headed our way for tomorrow, but we'll go for a ride very soon, my Fred!

Tomorrow is the first day of the spring semester of classes. It will be a long day (12 hours of class related nonsense), but it will likely do me well to be back into a routine. Though I immensely dislike routine and any sort of schedule, I think I am in need of it for a bit. Today, I also received an offer to hang some of my art in a Denver show next month, so things are already moving right along.

2 comments:

  1. I've been very tempted to get the Om saddle/grips for one of my bike projects. They never show the back of the saddle in photos. I'm not sure I want a big logo on the back of a non-electra ride.

    p.s. The basket is pretty tasty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand...it would probably seem a bit strange to advertise "Electra" on the back of the saddle for another bike. But then again, I suppose a lot of bicycles have branded saddles different from the bike frame, so perhaps it wouldn't be too odd to see it? I think on the Om saddle it's actually nice that the lettering isn't another color, but rather an embossing done in the same material. It blends more than standing out, which I appreciate.

    I LOVE this Wald basket! It is amazing and carries so much. I really don't need a rear rack because I can put so many things in it.

    ReplyDelete

Word verification is on, but I've turned off the moderation portion in an attempt to make it easier for you to know that your comment has indeed made it through. We'll see how this goes, but I'm hopeful that this will help out and I'll try my best to weed through and remove spammers comments. Additionally, I recommend copying comments before hitting publish as the "blogger comment eater" seems to continue his snacking.