Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Joy of Life

How many times can dogs enjoy the same activity? I often wonder this to myself because ours seem to become incredibly excited about going to the same places over and over again. I sometimes wonder if we couldn't learn a lesson or two from the simplicity and joy in a dogs' life.
'This ball is so exciting! Why isn't it moving?'
'You chase me, and then I'll chase you, okay?'
'Running is SOOOOO much fun!'
'Seriously! Running is such a blast! Having a ball in my mouth, even better!!'
'There's no reason to ever be bored when there's dirt to be dug up!'
'It's completely acceptable to stop and pose for the paparazzi.'
'It's okay to rest, but never let your guard down.'
'Be ready to sprint at a moments' notice; that way, no one gets your ball.'
I feel fortunate to see the simple pleasures in a dogs' life on a daily basis, and perhaps it's part of the reason we have so many of them at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word verification is on, but I've turned off the moderation portion in an attempt to make it easier for you to know that your comment has indeed made it through. We'll see how this goes, but I'm hopeful that this will help out and I'll try my best to weed through and remove spammers comments. Additionally, I recommend copying comments before hitting publish as the "blogger comment eater" seems to continue his snacking.