Saturday, July 24, 2010

Summer Mission Accomplished!

I am so excited! Today we decided to take advantage of one of the very few sub-90 deg F summer days and take a little bicycle cruise through town. There was an open house that we wanted to check out in old town (which turned out to be completely cute, by the way), and we need to go up one of the dreaded old town hills to arrive at the destination. In the past, I have not been able to make it up these hills because, while they start out semi-doable, when you get toward the end, they take a horrible turn for the worse and become the worst up hill grade one can imagine (at least this is how I see it). Today, for the very first time since we've lived here, I was able to make it up the road without stopping!  I was very excited (and out of breath), particularly because I was on the heaviest bicycle I've ever owned/rode through town. We (the royal we, of course) actually weighed the Pashley, and with the rear baskets added on, she weighs 52 lbs!!  Good gracious. And that's not even counting my purse or the 3.5 lb chain that were in the front basket.

Just had to share a bit of my joy... and one of these days I'll take a picture of the dreaded hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.