Friday, May 14, 2010

Spring is Here

So, it's finally over! Woo hoo!! I'm so glad this semester has finally come to an end. I feel kind of strange (I suppose I always do at the end of a term though), and not sure what to do with myself. I suppose for today, it will be just enjoying the fact that I don't have any immediate projects to finish. I would really like to work on some projects to take out to the in-laws and parents when we go out mid-June. I suppose that means I do need some sort of schedule. Regardless, it will be nice to do something I want to do and not have to worry about an actual graded project. School's out for summer, and I'm happy about it.

On more home front news, the spring birds seem to be out in full force. They're tweeting away and happily flying around the neighborhood. Last year, we had a big issue with them leaving their droppings all over our porch and making nests for their youngin's in the corners of the house/roof.

I'm not sure exactly what kind of birds they are, but they are cute. It's a shame they make such a mess. Poor Sam has been busy daily hosing down their work because they are trying desperately, once again, to make their home outside our front door. This afternoon, I went outside and they were at it again.

I felt kind of bad washing away all of their work, but I also know we can't have birds (and little birds soon enough) right above our door. It is impressive though to see the work they're able to accomplish so quickly.

Even after I spent the time washing away their nest, they were back at again, so I think by this evening, we'll have to do another round of rinsing.

Spring is here... in all its glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.