Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Museum Visit

Sam, Will and I went to the Longmont bicycle show at the local museum a couple of weeks ago, and I didn't get a chance to post any pictures. Unfortunately, I didn't take my actual camera and had to make do with the camera phone, and, as is easily seen, the quality is just not there, not to mention the severe shakiness in the pics. Here are just a couple of the bicycles at the show, but there were so many more!

Note the threaded skirt/coat guard. I found this horribly humorous.


I swear, I had one very similar to this as a kid... not nearly as pimped, but very similar.

We enjoyed seeing bicycles that were over a hundred years old, up to the 2010 models for some manufacturers. Since Longmont was known as a bicycle town early in the 20th century, it was an interesting feature for the museum to bring this show to the area.

I did get a nice shot of our own bicycles from up a top the museum, which touts having the "best view of Longmont." I have to agree, it's a pretty amazing spot to be able to look out across the area.

We finished up the tour, and the boys enjoyed standing around discussing what to do with Sam's newly finished "cruiser" bicycle (as a side note, the cruiser is being dismantled and parted out as of the current date, and a new ride - pictures forth coming - will be replacing it) and how to improve the ride.

All in all, it was a nice little visit, and I was only slightly burnt when I returned home because I didn't put sunscreen on the lower part of my arms, thinking somehow they were immune to the suns' rays. I'm not the sharpest tool some days.

1 comment:

  1. That was a pretty cool exhibit. Not a ton of stuff, but enough to be interesting, the old school bikes were great, particularly neat to see the really old ones, with motorcycle chains!

    -LB

    ReplyDelete

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.