Thursday, January 21, 2010

First Day of Spring

... well, the spring semester that is. I wish it was the first day of spring, but I know that it will still be a couple of months. Then the real snow will start. Anyway, the first day of classes was okay. I don't have any strong feelings one way or another toward any of the teachers, which I suppose is actually a positive, as it could be far worse and I could want to strangle all of them. One is very hippie-esqe, for lack of a better word, and seems to be one who actually wants her students to learn. Another one is new to teaching (only her second semester) and she seems a little over zealous about things, but I'm sure that will calm as time goes by. She seems to be into her work though, and so we shall see how it all goes. The last one that I met yesterday was a surprise. When I first saw him, I figured he was going to be a dork and similar to last semester's teacher, but was actually amusing. Although, I do believe he is going to be a very tough grader, I'm actually glad for this as I need to get a better sense of my skill level and I don't believe past teachers have judged the actual work.

So, here's to the beginning of a fresh start. I am beginning to find it more difficult to motivate myself through these terms, so I'm hoping that they start going faster, or that I start enjoying them a lot more. At present, I just want through it so that I can get on with life. Had I picked any other major, this likely would've been my last semester... but, leave it to me to find the one major that I basically had to start all over to achieve. {sigh} Oh well.

Today, I have to get caught up on things that I didn't get done on Tuesday, so I had better get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.