Sunday, November 8, 2009

Serious Problems

Why can't I stop obsessing about bicycles? The more I see, the more I want. It wouldn't be such an issue if I could live without a vehicle, but because I have a 65 mile round trip commute, three days a week, with no public transportation available, I just can't get away with it.

Here are a few of the latest obsessions:

This is such a beauty. I've seen it in the past, but for some reason my obsession with the Velorbis Scrap Deluxe continues to haunt me. I realize it's incredibly pricey and not something I should even be pretending I can have, but my word, it is so lovely.

Then there is the Batavus Old Dutch Step Through. Sure, this one is a bit more affordable, but it's also a single speed, and living here with all of the hills, I just don't think that would be the smartest thing ever.

I love that the Batavus comes in multiple color choices though, so you can kind of customize it to you and your personal likes.

Of course, the obsession wouldn't be complete unless I included this cutie.

The Retrovelo is just adorable, and I'm starting to wonder how I've lived my life without these bicycles. Sure, I'm not going to die, but I sometimes wonder why I don't see more of these running around in such an area full of bicycle snobs. I mean, come on, they use their bicycles as a status symbol, driving around with it on their racks, so why not have some of these riding around?

The last in my current obsession is this Workcycles bicycle, that although not super flashy, drags me into a trans for some unknown reason.


I suppose that is enough obsessing for the day. There is much to do, and never enough time to get it done, so why spend it drooling over these? (Okay, so maybe it's worth a bit of drool time anyway.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.