Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Today's Ride

I have been extremely unproductive as far as things I need to get done today, but I decided that a bike ride into town would make me feel more "into" what I need to get done. Since I was alone at home, there was no one to take a picture of me starting my adventure, so the fridge reflection served as the documentation source of the start this morning.

Stuart was excited to get out on the road as the Novara has gotten most of the ride time over the last couple of weeks. He waited with great anticipation. Isn't he a pretty guy?

Our ride started out smoothly together, and it was nice to ride Stuart as it seems like an eternity since we've been on a ride together more than around the block.

We got to see some lakes on our trip into town, and even though everything seemed to die off really early this year because of the super early snow, it was still quite beautiful.

We saw the dying cornfields, and they were beautiful in their own way too!

And who wouldn't enjoy another lake with the Rockies as a backdrop?

Stuart waited patiently outside of Walgreens and Dick's Sporting Goods while I got some water and looked for a bike pump. Then we headed to the grocery store to get a couple of items.

We actually got to see the prairie dogs on the way home too (you really have to squint to see them though because we scared them off when we stopped).

We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly, and while I probably looked like a crazy person bee-boppin' along to my eclectic music mix of the Offspring, The BeeGee's, John Lennon, Maroon 5 and more, it was completely a joy and a great way to spend the early afternoon on a gorgeous day. We got to say hi to people passing us by (and they often do as we don't move that quickly) and smiled a lot. A truly fun afternoon. Oh, and I have to say that raising the seat up just a bit really seemed to help my knees. Funny what a small adjustment can do to improve things and make riding so much more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.