Tuesday, November 24, 2009

'You Can't Do That' - Wanna Bet?

Why do people (as a whole, I'm not saying EVERY human on the planet) think that one cannot commute on a cruiser? I'm completely perplexed by this as Stuart and I "cruise" quite some distances together. Since we live five miles from the nearest real anything, I could easily travel 8-12 miles one way without even trying. It's funny to me. Maybe it's just what a person gets used to, but it doesn't seem to bother me to go 20-25 miles - and it's hilly. Yet another thing that I constantly hear people saying can't be done on a cruiser. Sure, it takes a little more time to get over the hills as it's not the easiest thing to climb steeper hills, but it can be done, and it's way more fun than being on a road bike or a mountain bike. Who wouldn't want to ride this fun little baby?

So, anyway, Stuart and I went to the grocery store this morning with a semi-hefty list, with the pannier for the Novara in tow. It was really interesting to be packed with groceries on the bike, still enjoying the ride, and knowing that I saved a gallon of gas and the wear and tear on my car. Pretty awesome! Now, If only I can figure out a way to get to school on the bike that won't take 3+ hours each way. I suppose that isn't going to happen, but a girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.