Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Scream

I'm entering the last week of summer school and my color theory course. It has been mentally very challenging to me for some reason. I really thought I would enjoy it, but it's truly been a struggle almost daily. As we close in on the final days, we had an assignment to do "color matching" samples using five different paintings. We were to choose 5-7 colors from the original painting and then mix colors that match those original paintings. Next, we had to pick a piece of art and attempt to repaint it's basic shapes using only one of the color matching palette's we had made.

One of the paintings I selected was Munch's "The Scream." His original piece is shown here.


Then, I attempted to get the basic gist of the painting by using the different color palette (I chose to use a set of colors from a Radha and Krishna painting that was very bright, nearly neon). It's certainly not the best ever, but I think for the first one and seeing that I really didn't spend long on it, it's not too horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.