Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Scream

I'm entering the last week of summer school and my color theory course. It has been mentally very challenging to me for some reason. I really thought I would enjoy it, but it's truly been a struggle almost daily. As we close in on the final days, we had an assignment to do "color matching" samples using five different paintings. We were to choose 5-7 colors from the original painting and then mix colors that match those original paintings. Next, we had to pick a piece of art and attempt to repaint it's basic shapes using only one of the color matching palette's we had made.

One of the paintings I selected was Munch's "The Scream." His original piece is shown here.


Then, I attempted to get the basic gist of the painting by using the different color palette (I chose to use a set of colors from a Radha and Krishna painting that was very bright, nearly neon). It's certainly not the best ever, but I think for the first one and seeing that I really didn't spend long on it, it's not too horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word verification is on, but I've turned off the moderation portion in an attempt to make it easier for you to know that your comment has indeed made it through. We'll see how this goes, but I'm hopeful that this will help out and I'll try my best to weed through and remove spammers comments. Additionally, I recommend copying comments before hitting publish as the "blogger comment eater" seems to continue his snacking.