Monday, January 28, 2013

Life Goes On

One would think that my recent getaway would've brought me home refreshed and renewed - ready to take on the world, and actually blog more regularly once again. But, no, that isn't at all what has happened. I have no idea what is going on with me, nor why every task I attempt to undertake seems to take everything out of me. I tested for my low brown belt this past weekend {that's right people - don't mess with me! :O)}, and I thought I was going to die. Typically, the tasks involved in the test wouldn't have been such a huge deal, but having just over a week away from classes and not working out at all while I was gone was apparently too much for my body. The past week has sucked all of the life out of me. I went to classes every day in an attempt to regain anything I had lost, but instead it left me empty and drained. I haven't painted, I haven't cleaned, I haven't done anything of value really.
*Image found here
On Thursday of last week, I attempted to paint the "demon inside" as a way of putting a face to this thing that seems to want to fight so desperately to keep me from what and where I want to be in life. Even when I attempt to make something evil looking, it doesn't work. Sam came home and told me it looked like a tree spirit. I couldn't help but laugh. I suppose, even at my worst, I just don't have it in me to go to the "dark side."  If nothing else, it gave me an idea for some smaller paintings to work on, so while I still may not necessarily have put an exact face to the thing I am fighting, I am determined to win the war.

On Friday, Sam decided to take the day off so that we could have some time together. Since the past, oh, ten-ish weekends have been full of automotive repairs/work, we haven't really had any time together that hasn't involved grinding away at metal or working on the mechanics of the Beetle project. This project has brought even more love for our bicycles because we can appreciate how incredibly simple and relatively easy they are to work on by comparison. I think having just a few hours to ourselves was a welcomed break from what has now become the routine of any spare time.

In short, life is carrying on. I have been able to get out on some short rides and enjoy what has been an unexpectedly warm January. It's great to not have to put the road bikes away during the winter months, but I know we are also in need of the precipitation - which, is on its way if the forecasters are correct. I hope others have been able to enjoy some great biking time as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.