Monday, September 10, 2012

Tough Days Come and Go

I'm having a bit of a rough day (mentally) today.  While all of the working out and changing of life seems to be moving forward in a positive direction, I just seem to be having one of those days (several days, actually) during which I am clinging to nuances of unimportant matters. I keep reliving moments, things I've said/not said/should've said/should not have said/etc, and it's making me a bit batty. I'm not sleeping well, and I think it's affecting my general well-being.
*Image from Pinterest
I'm particularly concerned about my mental state because this is typically the point in my losing weight/getting fit journey when I tend to get lazy, or assume that I know what I'm doing and stop logging things or ease up on working out. I don't want that to be the pattern for my life, and I'm trying to very purposefully keep myself motivated and aware of what and how I'm reacting to things. I don't know it all, I obviously have not yet fixed what is broken (and may never fix it, frankly), and I need to keep in a positive frame of mind. Through it all, I realize that there will be good and bad days, and this is all just part of life and this journey. Hopefully, I will pull out of this funk soon and get back in a better state of mind.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you. I can offer no advice beyond the pat "this, too, shall pass". But I can sympathize with what you're going through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. {sigh} It does pass... but while going through it, life sure isn't much fun. :O(

      Thanks for the company (though I don't wish this frame of mind on anyone). Hope things improve for you, too!

      Delete

Word verification is on, but I've turned off the moderation portion in an attempt to make it easier for you to know that your comment has indeed made it through. We'll see how this goes, but I'm hopeful that this will help out and I'll try my best to weed through and remove spammers comments. Additionally, I recommend copying comments before hitting publish as the "blogger comment eater" seems to continue his snacking.