Tuesday, August 28, 2012

New Goals

Today, I am one definitely exhausted human. I finished the 51 mile ride for Venus de Miles on Sunday, and all went well. If you'd like to read more about it, please see my post here. It was actually a good ride, and I was very glad that I went ahead and did it... and now, on to the next challenge. The next challenge already has me tired and worn out, and I'm only two days into it.
Last night in kickboxing, the instructor made some kind of reference to the idea that at least he wouldn't have me testing again in September for a new belt. After having tested three months consecutively, he presumed, I'm sure, that it would take me at least two months for the next one. Wrong. After he made his comment, I told him that it was on and just for that, I was going to prove that I could do it again this month. The problem, however, is that there are a few things standing in my way.
1) I only have four weeks to complete 32 classes. Classes are offered twice a day, 4 days a week, and once a day two days a week (being closed on Sunday's). However, I cannot attend one of those days due to scheduling conflicts.
2) I don't do mornings... at least not early mornings, and two days a week, there is an early morning class at 6:15a. As I said, I don't do mornings. This could be a problem.
3) The studio is going to be closed for three classes this upcoming weekend, putting me even further behind.
So, basically, I have to attend every class I'm able to in order to make it in time for testing. After my first early morning class today, I'm not sure I have the wherewithal to make it to the end of these four weeks. Ugh. What have I gotten myself into?

If I can get used to the slightly earlier rising time, I think I'll be okay, but as of this moment in time, I am so tired I'm not sure I can function for the remainder of the day. I had better get it together if this is my grand plan, certainly. Here's to doing things that push our limits! Hopefully, I make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.