Thursday, August 23, 2012

Back to School

In May, as I was sharing my absolute joy with being done with school, there was a part of me that couldn't believe it was all coming to an end. As I now realize, perhaps that was because somewhere in the recesses of my mind, I knew that fate had another plan. After the institution reviewed all of my credits (of which I have far, far more than I need), they made the discovery that one of the classes that was supposed to count toward a particular sub-category, doesn't count towards that area, and I am lacking one class. That's right folks, despite the fact that I have more units than any human should have for a single degree, I am missing one class. Turns out that because this particular class was offered under the "Industrial Design" program rather than the "Fine Arts" program, the drawing class won't count towards my needed-in-a-particular-category column, and I will have to return this month for another round. {heavy sigh}
*Image found here
I've been through all the stages: denial (this is a joke, right? Seriously... where's the hidden camera), bargaining (but, it's a drawing class - why doesn't it count under the "drawing" category? Can't you just make an exception? I have so many extra units... doesn't something count towards this category?), anger (I knew I shouldn't have gone back to school! Maybe I just won't finish at all... that'll show 'em.), depression (Why get out of bed? What's the point... they'll just find something else. Can we get a donut? I might as well get fatter. <-- for the record, I never got a donut), and finally now, after dealing with it as best I can - acceptance. After all, what can I do about it?  I found a class that will at least be tolerable (I hope!), and I'm returning for a final round of 16 weeks/4 months of "fun." On the up side, it is only one class, and hopefully it won't take away too much from other happenings in life. Besides, I can take this opportunity to increase my G.P.A. (hey, I need something to keep me motivated)... If I can squeeze an "A" out of the class, I'll officially graduate magna cum laude, instead of cum laude. I suppose we do what we need to do to keep ourselves moving forward, and I'm moving forward... whether I chose to like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.