Friday, December 23, 2011

A Very Merry Christmas to All

Today, we have family arriving to celebrate the season here in Colorado. It never ceases to amaze me, but if we have people coming to visit this time of year, inevitably we will have a nice dumping of snow just before they arrive. It's almost as though the board of tourism doesn't want "outsiders" to know that we generally have fairly mild winters. Because the image of the state is of snow capped Rockies, I believe many people think that we trudge through feet of snow from November through April, but this really isn't the case (at least most of the time). While the Rocky Mountains do have snow for a good portion of the year, those of us who sit just below often experience a much milder winter (hopefully, I'm not jinxing us by putting this in writing). Even as I type this I'm laughing because it's currently -6F degrees, with about a foot of snow on the ground, but at least the sun is out and shining bright.
My Pacer's spot right beside the window (this isn't really his "spot" but I find that I generally leave him here because I have easier access to retrieve him when I'm leaving), was replaced a few weeks ago by the Christmas tree. While I've enjoyed seeing the Christmas tree up, I kind of miss seeing the Pacer propped up against the walls of the dinning room. Is that strange?
At least the tree leans about as much as the Pacer does up against the wall, and it's green, so it does kind of remind me of the Pacer. Why is it so difficult to get the tree to stand up straight, anyway? Regardless, the Surly and I have had to make do with our trips about town, and I hoped he found some solace when I parked him in front of some Christmas lights outside a local book store while wandering about town.
He seems to be okay, probably more so than me, but we'll find our way back together soon enough. But enough about my separation anxiety from a bicycle. I simply wanted to say that I will be missing for a short while here in this space, other than making an announcement about the winner of giveaway #12 very soon (which, by the way, has no current entries, so if you haven't taken the time to enter, please do so as it ends tomorrow). I just wanted to take the time to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. I hope you are spending it with loved ones and enjoying the sights and smells of the season. May it be a very bright holiday full of laughter, joy, and the best of memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.