Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Save Me from Myself: Cut the Hair, or Let it Grow

With all that's going on in the world, I realize hair is the last thing I should be worried about, but I'm posting this anyway. I've been pondering cutting my hair (I know, not life altering, but it's on my mind). I cut it off quite short several years ago and then went back and forth with growing it out and cutting it off for a few years. About 2 years ago, I decided to just let it grow and it's been doing so with trimmings and couple inch off haircuts since then. I know it's just hair, and it always grows back, but I thought I'd get opinions. Should I let it keep growing, or should I cut it off again?
The 2nd and 3rd pictures aren't exactly fair, as I have no make up on in the "longer hair" shots
Here's where my dilemma comes into play. Having it longer I can easily pull it back (which I often do as illustrated above). The problem is, since I can pull it back, that is what I'll do 85% of the time. Then I look sloppy and unkempt, which is fine when I'm puttering around the house, but I do have to leave the abode. I like the versatility of long hair, but having curly hair (which isn't as curly in the pics as it actually can be) is a real pain in the rear, and having thick, curly hair - well, that's not so fabulous either. It can look better than it does in the pictures above, but it usually doesn't as I don't take the time with it. When it's shorter, I can get away with doing very little and still have it look okay... however, growing it out again is nothing short of torture, when I decide I've had enough of the shorter do. So, if you're willing, I'm looking for usable input. I'll even make it easy with a poll, or feel free to leave thoughts in comments. Thanks in advance!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh!! It's so cute short, I wish I had curly hair, I'm so envious. I always like having short hair in the winter because I don't miss putting it in a ponytail, if that makes sense. Then, if it bugs you....it will grow out before next summer. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We never like what we have, do we? :o) I love your hair... I think it's super cute! Thanks so much for your thoughts, Miss Joey!!

    ReplyDelete

Word verification is on, but I've turned off the moderation portion in an attempt to make it easier for you to know that your comment has indeed made it through. We'll see how this goes, but I'm hopeful that this will help out and I'll try my best to weed through and remove spammers comments. Additionally, I recommend copying comments before hitting publish as the "blogger comment eater" seems to continue his snacking.