Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Modern Day Retro City Bicycles for Oregonians: Bend Velo

Sam just pointed me to a pretty cool shop in Bend, Oregon. I haven't been to Bend since I was about 19 years old and was "running away from home," (don't ask... tis a very long tale and not that interesting) but I am completely excited by what the company is doing (more shops like this should be available all over the US... but maybe this is a start!). The bike shop is called Bend Velo, and they are taking 70s and 80s mountain and other style bike frames and completely sanding and re-powder coating them to create modern day city bikes for every day people to use. How cool is that?! The purchaser gets to pick out any color they'd like, and choose all the components/accessories for the bicycle.
**Logo image from Bend Velo
I love that there mission is simple: "...to get people out of their cars and onto their bikes." If you're in the central Oregon area (or perhaps passing through), this seems like it could be a fun place to check out. It looks like the Path Less Pedaled recently paid the shop a visit as well. If you follow the link, you'll find quite an interesting interview/profile of the owner and shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.