Monday, May 9, 2011

Going to the Birds

All has gone quiet once again on my end. It must be the end of the semester! :o)  I'm almost through with finals, but between the move and preparing for the end, I just haven't found a lot of spare time to do the things I'd like to do (particularly, riding my bike). In lieu of a post about bicycles/bicycling/bicycling relevant topics, I thought I'd just do a quick post with a few of the paintings from my last project.

I came across a flock of pigeons several weeks ago, and as crazy as it sounds, for some reason, they caught my eye. They were actually quite gorgeous, and I decided that I'd paint a dozen pigeons for my final painting project. I'm only posting a few, and none of them are completely done, but, as stated, I feel like something is missing in life since I've found myself involved in so many other projects.  For some reason, I felt the need to name all the pigeons, so here we go (at least I'm only putting a few)...
This is Kevin. The pigeon.
Watercolor on unprimed canvas
This is Foghorn. Another pigeon.
Watercolor on unprimed canvas
This is Morticia. You guessed it... another pigeon.
Watercolor on unprimed canvas
It has been a fun experience to try watercolor on canvas rather than paper, and it's had mixed results. I wish I'd left the watercolor to do its thing a bit more and not fight with it quite so much, but overall, I think they are decent. Hopefully, it's a move in a direction for my thesis project; which, as much as I hate to admit it, is creeping up on me.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Damn Pigeons! But it worked out well, critics agree...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful art i love pigeons they are the represent peace ! I love them !!!

    ReplyDelete

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.