Saturday, May 21, 2011

Friday Night Art Walk

During some of the summer months, the city of Longmont hosts an evening Art Walk down a portion of Main Street. Many of the local stores participate and turn into art galleries. They also shut down several blocks of Main Street, allowing people to walk down the middle of the road and enjoy.
Fortunately for us, we now live a very short bike ride or walk from where all the happenings take place. This past Friday was the first of these art walks for the summer months, and as luck would have it, the rain clouds decided to let up for the few hours of the festivities.
While I seem to always forget the camera at home, I did have the camera phone to get a couple of shots of Main Street. This particular Art Walk wasn't as spectacular or full as they sometimes are, but I think much of that had to do with the weather, and it being the first of the season. It was nice to be able to walk to it, rather than having to drive as we have in the past, and we even discovered that Bicycle Longmont actually has bike valet available (we will definitely take advantage of this in the future!).
(My apologies for the fuzzy shots, once again) While there wasn't a ton happening, I was happy to see that there were quite a few people checking out art at the Firehouse Gallery (which is currently showing some pretty incredible paper sculpture art) and the Muse Gallery, where I was able to meet one of the artists whose work I've admired at several shows.
Even though I seem to be coming down with some sort of illness, the break from the rain and the ability to just breathe in fresh air was so enjoyable. I hope others are able to get out this weekend and see your own local sights by bike, at least before it's too late on Saturday. :o)

1 comment:

  1. I wish we had something like this in Vancouver!

    ReplyDelete

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.