Saturday, February 12, 2011

Is Patience a Virtue?

As reported earlier this week (and last week), I have been awaiting the arrival of the new handlebars for the Hillborne. After a bit of a weather delay in shipment, they finally arrived yesterday. I was extremely excited to get them because that meant I could enjoy the nicer weather we're supposed to have here in Colorado this weekend.
The box arrives with the mustache handlebars for Tony
I normally prefer to buy parts locally for our bikes; however, when I can save 40%+ by purchasing online, I can't afford to make the choice to buy locally. In this case, Tree Fort Bikes was selling the bars I wanted for quite a savings, so I went ahead and bought online. It's not the first time I've bought from them either. While shipping seems to be a bit on the slow side, the cost savings is completely worth the wait, in my opinion. Of course there are many other online options, and searching for the best deal is usually the route I take, unless it's a company that I've had bad experiences with in the past... then, I often opt to pay a few more dollars elsewhere.

Anyway, the handlebars arrived safe and sound and I felt like a little kid waiting to open her gifts on Christmas morning. I cracked open the box and removed the handlebars which were neatly and properly packaged. I looked at them with glee, and have to admit I was a bit giddy about wanting to get them on the bike ASAP.
The mustache bars removed from the cardboard box
Last night, we had plans to visit some local art galleries, so I knew it wouldn't be completed at that time, but today, Sam is off with a friend snowboarding in Breckenridge, and I'm not sure I have the patience to wait for his return this evening for the mounting to begin. I woke up this morning thinking, "How hard can it be to mount handlebars?" I'm just not sure that I can contain myself to wait for his arrival back home late afternoon to early evening... and then, the bars will only get mounted if he isn't exhausted from the days festivities (which is unlikely).
Mustache bars lounge around, waiting to be installed
So, despite my better judgement, and knowing how uncoordinated I am with such things, I think I'm going to give this a try myself. I figure the worst thing that can happen is that I will get frustrated and give up, at which point I can simply wait for Sam's return home. Best case scenario, they'll get mounted and I can practice riding on them and get the brakes set up in the right location all by myself. That is the plan...we shall see what the actual outcome of this little venture turns into, but I'm hoping for the best. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.