Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Choice is Made

Last week, I made my decision in regard to the debate about which bicycle was right for me. I had talked about how I really miss my Stuart and was going to attempt to recapture his spirit in another model. My decision was the Electra Om, over the Surf.
*Image from Derby Bicycle
The choice was made for this model because I just felt as though it was more "me," and I suppose that is really the only reason I can give. In addition, I was able to get this model at a discount of about 25% (and I received free shipping), which made it an even easier choice. I love the design on the fenders and think that they really make the bike something special.
*Image from emago.com
The only thing I wasn't really in love with on this bike was the tire color choice. While many of the Electra cruiser models have cream/white tires, they chose to put black tires on the Om. Why? I'm not sure. There is no black in the design color choices, and I think it would've looked better with the lighter color tires, so I will simply make that swap out myself, and have in fact already ordered the tires to make it here close to the same time as the bike.
*Image from amazon.com
The only reason I was able to get the bicycle so quickly was due to some Christmas money from my parents, the sale of several things I had sitting around (like several pair of shoes I wasn't using, a Brooks saddle, Brooks grips, the folding bike, etc), as well as the departure of the Raleigh. In some ways, it was a good way to clear out items that weren't being used, plus it had the added bonus of bringing back the Electra.

While I could have purchased the Electra locally, it would've been at a much higher cost, so it just didn't make sense, and I am happy with the decision. Now, I just have to wait patiently for the new bike to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word verification is on, but I've turned off the moderation portion in an attempt to make it easier for you to know that your comment has indeed made it through. We'll see how this goes, but I'm hopeful that this will help out and I'll try my best to weed through and remove spammers comments. Additionally, I recommend copying comments before hitting publish as the "blogger comment eater" seems to continue his snacking.