Wednesday, December 22, 2010

There Was a Woman Who Lived in a Shoe

I have been on a bit of a shoe binge the last few weeks, and I don't seem to be able to stop myself. It seems to happen about this time of year, and only this time of year. I find myself wanting new shoes and boots. Perhaps it's the colder weather, or perhaps it's just that I actually have a bit of free time and it is just how I choose to spend it, but I definitely have shoes on the brain. They haven't even just been for me, as I've also been attempting to find the right shoes to replace Sam's old Clark's as well. I found these Type Z shoes pictured below, but sadly, they ran quite large length-wise, and just didn't work out.
Type Z Paste, photo from Zappos.com
He wound up with some Rockport shoes and a pair of Bass shoes instead, but I think they will be comfortable, just not quite as stylish as the Type Z's above. Bummer.

As for me, I have searched high and low for a couple different styles to round out the shoe collection (and, just so no one thinks I'm stock piling shoes, I do either donate, give away to friends, or sell very inexpensively shoes that aren't being used - it's kind of a deal Sam and I worked out so that if I get a new pair, I get rid of a pair I already have). I had a couple of ideas in mind. First, I was on a hunt for some boots that aren't furry to wear in winter months. Basically, something that won't slide on ice, and that don't kill my feet. I wound up looking at a few different models, but the ones that seem to work best for comfort purposes were a pair of Aerosoles. I also looked at a pair of Naya shoe/boots, and while they aren't at all practical, I fell in love.
Naya Artemis, Photo courtesy of Zappos.com
I ended up returning them because practicality won out. Without a zipper, these weren't the easiest to get on my feet, so I had to concede. I must say though, they are entirely gorgeous.

While I don't want to bore anyone with the details of my shoe shopping and attempts to find a perfect shoe, I did want to say that I found this article that was supposed to contain ideas for "comfortable and stylish" heels.
Steve Madden Shoes, photo from shefinds.com
I don't know about anyone else, but there is nothing about this shoe that screams "comfortable" to me by any stretch of the imagination. It does have a platform to raise the ball of the foot a bit, but with that monster sized, stiletto-like heel, I'm not sure I could even walk, let alone be comfortable doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word verification is on, but I've turned off the moderation portion in an attempt to make it easier for you to know that your comment has indeed made it through. We'll see how this goes, but I'm hopeful that this will help out and I'll try my best to weed through and remove spammers comments. Additionally, I recommend copying comments before hitting publish as the "blogger comment eater" seems to continue his snacking.