Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pepper Potts and Tony Stark

They're not just characters in a comic book/movie - nope, not any more. After several months of debate on a name for the Pashley Princess Sovereign, and doing my best to come up with a fitting name for the Sam Hillborne, several weeks ago I decided on Pepper Potts (for the Pashley) and Tony Stark (for the Hillborne). It seems a little strange to give bicycles names that are tied together when they have very little in common, but I think it's fitting.
Pepper Potts in all her glory
Pepper Potts is a proper lady, doing her job, deferring the rougher stuff to Tony Stark. She is definitely no wimp, can hold her own, and is always dependable even in the tightest situations. She's fun, not too horribly crazy in her endeavors, but is stable and doesn't shy away from responsibility. Plus, a Pashley Princess had to have a 'P.P.' name, I think.
Tony Stark is ready to take it all on
Tony Stark is a workhorse, who is totally into himself (but we love him anyway). He's gorgeous, tough, can take some hard falls/knocks, and is always thinking of new areas to explore. The possibilities seem limitless with Tony, and I would dare say that he's up for anything you put in front of him.

Though I am aware I have thrown several human attributes/emotions on these bicycles, I think they are fitting and appropriate for the feelings I have about each of them. Now, after months of referring to these bicycles by their 'given' names, I have to retrain my brain to call them Pepper and Tony. I've been practicing for the last few weeks, but I think I may be in for a bit of a challenge! To Pepper and Tony! May they live long, happy, rolling lives helping me get where I need to go.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent name choices, classic, geek envy, particularly since they are made of "Iron", which makes it all the better.

    -LB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dun, dun, dun, dun dun... da da da da da da da dun dun dun

    Well, at least steel has a lot of iron in it. :o)

    ReplyDelete

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.