Thursday, September 16, 2010

Belated B-day Brunch

It wasn't exactly 'brunch' per se, really more of an early lunch, but I had a whole "B" thing going, so I went with it. A friend of mine and I decided that rather than doing birthday gifts for each other, we would just figure out a time to do a lunch or dinner together, as that's really more important than any material things we can get. The problem has been working out a schedule to do so, but today the day finally arrived. Despite my desperate need to get work done, I decided to ride over to meet with Kelly for a little gab time before she started off on a mini vacation and I headed home to do all of the work that's been put off this week.
Pashley is ready to roll!
Even though Sam and I did a ride on the Hillborne/Surly bicycles this morning, the meeting up spot was so close that I just couldn't bring myself to drive, particularly because it's such a beautiful day. The Pashley waited patiently, while I thought about whether or not I was forgetting anything (apparently, I'm an angry thinker!).
Pondering, while holding up the Pashley
Once I realized that I was good to go, we were off and rolling for our quick ride to lunch, errr... brunch.
It's hard to take pictures of yourself while riding a bicycle, especially with a DSLR! I don't know how all these folks in web-land are so coordinated. I managed not to fall off the bicycle though, nor did I drop the camera, so all is right with the world.

I would just like to say how frustrating it is to go to meet up with someone and not have bike racks available. Though I believe it is a requirement for new builds in Longmont to actually install a certain number of racks, in Firestone (adjacent to Longmont) it is not a requirement, apparently, so I was forced to lock my girl up to a metal fence... so unbecoming of a lady!  After munching on lunch and chatting for a while, it was time to go, and we got so busy with talking I didn't get to take any pictures. {sigh} Well, life will move on, and the Pashley was happy to be released from her metal prison once again.
And, we're ready to go home
Happy Thursday to all, and a yummy and happy belated birthday to me! Now, seriously, I must get my work done.

2 comments:

Word verification is on, but I've turned off the moderation portion in an attempt to make it easier for you to know that your comment has indeed made it through. We'll see how this goes, but I'm hopeful that this will help out and I'll try my best to weed through and remove spammers comments. Additionally, I recommend copying comments before hitting publish as the "blogger comment eater" seems to continue his snacking.