Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Afternoon Break

This afternoon I took the Pashley out for a brief spin while taking a very quick break from the work I'm attempting to complete before Friday. I was feeling as though I've neglected her for too long, and I just wanted to get out of the house and not stare at a book, the computer, or an empty canvas.
The first thing I noticed is that it felt as though the bicycle was completely unwieldy initially, and I felt as though I was going completely too slow. I don't know if it's the heat of the mid day (as the Fall season seems to have eluded us here in Colorado, as usual), or the fact that I've been riding the Hillborne so regularly, but it was just strange, for lack of a better word. It wasn't that I no longer enjoyed the bicycle, but it just felt so different. If anything, I think I've learned that I need to ride her more often and not obsess so much over the Hillborne. I have simply found that I can get around a bit quicker on the Rivendell, and I suppose because I can take him on longer rides, I just find myself utilizing him more. I realized, however, that it doesn't mean that I have to give up the city bicycle in the process.

Now, back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.