Sunday, August 22, 2010

Oh, for Heaven's Sake!

I think I am a complete nut! At the last minute, I have decided not to take the Behavioral Science classes/major that I thought I had decided upon during the summer. Despite classes starting tomorrow, I have once again returned to my fine art major. How did I come to this decision?

While I am driving those close to me insane, and perhaps realizing that there is no reason to switch to a major that will do absolutely nothing for me, I have made the decision to stick with what I started out doing. I've struggled with this decision all summer because, while I would rather stick with the art, I find the students in the program (as a whole) to be highly annoying and incredibly self-indulgent. I know that I don't have to drink the cool-aid, but it becomes difficult when you're a part of it every day. The bottom line though, is that I don't want to do anything else, and while I may not want to be an artist in the terms that they choose to define one, I believe there is still something still there for me to learn, and I need to get what I need out of this.

So, back I go to the art department. I'm actually feeling at ease about the decision though, and hopefully the semester will be a good one.  Here's to hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word verification is on, but I've turned off the moderation portion in an attempt to make it easier for you to know that your comment has indeed made it through. We'll see how this goes, but I'm hopeful that this will help out and I'll try my best to weed through and remove spammers comments. Additionally, I recommend copying comments before hitting publish as the "blogger comment eater" seems to continue his snacking.