Monday, July 19, 2010

Even a Short Ride Can Be Fun

I'm still recovering from this stupid sore throat garbage, but I couldn't stand staying inside anymore. So, today I decided to just ride around the neighborhood to try to build up my ability to do anything other than sit on my rear. Yesterday, Sam was kind enough to take me to Denver to check out Urbanistic Tea and Bike, but while we were walking around the single block, I found myself huffing and puffing after a few steps. This told me that the last week and a half of my non-exercise and sitting around trying to heal myself has left my lungs in a state that isn't pleasant.

Taking the Pashley out for a little ride this afternoon was just what the doctor ordered. I felt a little better just getting to be outside and do something, but I didn't have to go far, since my stamina still hasn't reached the goal of "normal" yet. But, I think it was proof that even a bit of a ride can be more fun than sitting around the gloomy house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.