Monday, November 17, 2014

Update: Random Tidbits

I am entirely distracted for the time being, and because of that, I thought that I would simply put up a quick update so that no one thinks I've disappeared off of the planet. Most of this has little to do with bicycles or riding, but there is one very exciting bit on bikes that I'm thrilled to share.

First and foremost, we are in the midst of house hunting once again. There's been a lot of discussion over the previous months as to whether or not we would be leaving Colorado. Often times, it feels as though we are being called elsewhere, but when we really sat down and talked about "home," we are fairly certain we are there. It's difficult to imagine living anywhere else. We may struggle through the colder, icier months, but the reality is that we have what we want here.

With that decision came the realization that we need to find a home once again. Our temporary rental has been (and continues to be) a great spot for us to wait for our next home, but we are anxiously (probably far too anxiously) awaiting our permanent (as permanent as anything can be) future home. The house hunt is nothing short of exhausting (mentally and physically), particularly being in a hot market locally, but we are hopeful that the right home for us is just around the corner. There have already been several offers and inspections, but nothing ultimately has been the right place for us. I am learning to practice a skill that, at times, is difficult for me: patience.
Last weeks' weather from 68F down to 17F in a couple of hours was a big switch!
*Image from Weather Underground
A week ago, I was outside, enjoying a brilliantly fabulous, warm fall day. Within two hours, clouds had rolled in and the temperatures had dropped well below freezing and snow began to fall. That day was followed by several more even colder and snowier days, so it's been interesting fighting my want to be outside with the reality that everything goes numb when doing so.

Today has been the first day that's warmed up to a remotely tolerable temperature, and the sun has come out which seems to have at least taken the mental challenges away with heading out. Sunshine is wonderful!
Photo credit: Rodriguez Bikes
In bicycle news, I was emailed a photo of my now-officially-finished Rodriguez bike. I am beyond excited to get this bike in my hands (which should happen at some point over the next week-ish time frame). If I can get the snow to melt a bit and temps to stay above 20F, I should be able to at least test it out soon.

The Rodriguez will have my pedals, a different saddle and handlebars, as well as different bar tape, but this is pretty much what it looks like with those minor changes to come on arrival. The fenders were a last minute decision based on the time of year, and I think it was a good one. I'm really looking forward to being able to ride this and hopefully provide some additional info soon.

Hopefully, life is treating all of you well and you're still enjoying a pleasant fall season! Happy riding.

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bike! It is lovely. Great colour scheme too. I bet you can't wait to try it out! Good luck with the house hunting, it can be stressful but you will find something suitable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting! Can't wait to hear more about your new home and your new bike. Best wishes for both ventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a hot looking bike! Congrats. Look forward to seeing how you like the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it looks great! I like the contrasting paneling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That's quite a looker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to all! I'm super excited to get the new bike and hoping it's just as beautiful in person - and more importantly, a great ride! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. C'mon, you know we're all going to skip right over all your other tidbits and go straight for the bike...!! It's gorgeous! A real looker. Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Why even bother with the rest of it? Please keep those fingers crossed. I'm really hoping it will be worth all of this.

      Delete

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.