Monday, September 29, 2014

Random Psychedelic Bicycle Photos

A few days ago, I was riding my bike to kickboxing. Normally, I don't take my cell phone with me because I live close enough to the meeting spot that if something happens, I figure I can just walk home (additionally, I just think it's rude when phones are going off in the middle of class), but because I had some extra time prior to the workout, I decided to take a ride, thus causing me to err on the side of caution and bring my phone along. Feeling lazy when I left, I just tossed my phone in the front basket and didn't think anything of it.

Later in the afternoon, I was trying to find a photo I'd taken a couple of weeks ago with my phone and when I went to look for it, these photos were the first thing I saw.








Somehow, the camera got turned on and took pictures on its own. I'm pretty fascinated by this. First, it's amazing to me that photos snapped at all as it requires a finger to actual press the screen. I've tried in the past to use other means of touching the phone screen and it just doesn't work, so how these were captured is beyond me. Second, how did the camera get turned on at all? I have a habit of completely closing out everything on the phone each time I'm done using it and locking the screen, so it seems odd to me that the camera decided to turn itself on as well.

Beyond the weirdness of the situation, I'm kind of mesmerized by the photos. Particularly, the second, third, fourth and final shots. I sort of want to do something with these, but I can't quite decide what precisely. Any thoughts? I also want to try again and see if I can get it to happen a second time, but also figure out a way to have a bit more control over the photos. There's something cool about the randomness of the shots, but it would be interesting to see what would happen with just a bit more precision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.