Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

The leaves are falling, pumpkins are out, children scurry down the streets showing off their Halloween costumes, and the temperature is fluctuating between the 30s and 70s... it must be fall in Colorado! I pondered decorating one of the bikes for Halloween this year, but it just didn't happen. Can you believe that Christmas is less than two months away? Didn't we just do this? This year has gone by so incredibly quickly.
Ride safely out there!
*Image here
Despite the seemingly quick nature of the past 10 months, I have enjoyed my bicycles more this year than any other. I don't entirely know why or understand how this has happened, but it really does seem that with every passing year I appreciate them more and more. I am thankful for the ability to ride pretty much year-round, and I have learned to love the differences between each of my bicycles. I no longer wish that I was driving, but rather truly appreciate the opportunity to be out in the changing seasons. Yes, I still drive (it's difficult not to in this part of the country), but I will opt for a bicycle whenever possible.

This Halloween, I hope everyone is riding safely, and that your day is full of fun and special treats. A very happy Halloween to all!!

2 comments:

  1. I had big plans to actually ride today, but they did not come together. I'm actually glad I did not, but maybe it will happen Friday. I have the same feeling, it's been a great biking year, and I feel like I just scratched the surface here before winter, cars suck, although still a necessary evil. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.