Sunday, July 1, 2012

July 1 - Third Check-In

I can't believe three months have already passed since the 5-month journey of bettering myself began. It seems as though it has gone extremely fast! Perhaps part of that is that the first month and a half of it I was still wrapped up in a lot, but regardless, as my mother used to say when trying to motivate me to do anything I wasn't sure I could do - the time will pass, regardless of what is accomplished. So true.
*Image source here
My goal for July 1 was to have my jeans falling off of me, which was edited at the beginning of last month to say that I also wanted to attend at least 6 classes a week of kickboxing. Although I cannot say that my jeans are falling off of me at this point (they are loose, but they stay up on their own - Sam assures me that it "takes a lot" for them to actually fall off), I am happy to be getting stronger and feeling more physically capable than I ever have in the past... thanks, at least in part, to maintaining the 6 (or more) a week kickboxing classes. I had a couple of weeks during which I attended 7-8 times, so I am feeling rather accomplished at the moment.

The August 1 goal I had set for myself at the beginning of this was to complete a 50 mile bike ride. I realize it's not a horribly long distance for some cyclists, but as I stated initially, normally when I get above 35 miles my hands begin to ache so much that I have to stop. I have to say, I haven't been great about training for this "event" I'm supposed to complete in the next 4-ish weeks, but I think it's still doable, even if I have to take breaks along the way.  I am kind of hoping I can drag Sam along on a 50 mile ride since he is far better trained for it. Hopefully, he can give me that extra push to finish up what I have set out to do.

Overall, I think things are moving along fairly well, and I'm looking forward to the last couple months of this self-challenge. Any summer challenges out there that you've completed and would like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word verification is on, but I've turned off the moderation portion in an attempt to make it easier for you to know that your comment has indeed made it through. We'll see how this goes, but I'm hopeful that this will help out and I'll try my best to weed through and remove spammers comments. Additionally, I recommend copying comments before hitting publish as the "blogger comment eater" seems to continue his snacking.