|This type of store front appeals to me personally, but I don't get the impression |
that there's a mix of bikes available inside.
Image source here
- Would it be a bike shop/fill-in-the-blank shop (coffee/tea/computer repair/pastries/art, etc)?
- What type of bikes would it sell (every type, or a specialized select few)?
- Does it have only inexpensive bikes, only over "$X" bikes, or a combination?
- Does it feel small and cozy, or is it massive with lots of room to roam many isles?
- Do customers hang out and surf the web, or is it a get in and get out kind of place?
There are many possibilities I could throw out, but I know I have yet to find any bicycle shop that sold everything I was looking for at a given time. Perhaps this is because it isn't practical. While I realize the likelihood of having this type of all-encompassing store is extremely unreasonable, for arguments sake, let's say the sky is the limit. What would you want to see in an ideal bike shop, or is there such a thing? Perhaps you prefer the ability to shop around at different locations that specialize in something specific? Feel free to discuss... meanwhile, I'm enjoying living in my daydream.