Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Adding a Co-Blogger? Yay! or Nay!

Over the past few months, there have been discussions regarding sharing posting duties here on E.V.L. with Sam (life partner in crime). We've had frank discussions about (what I see as) the pros and cons of this possibility. On the pro side, I believe that having another blogger helping out with posts is good because it allows one to pick up when the other is perhaps not as motivated, or is simply busier with other things in life. It would also allow for another voice (let's face it, reading my remarks and one-note posts gets old), and having another person helping would allow for a different perspective (female vs male, artist vs technician, etc). On the con side, I'm a little bit protective of this space because it's been mine for so long (not that things can't change). I like that I can just say whatever is on my mind and answer to no one. In some sense, it comes down to not wanting to share the space, I suppose. But, I also think that a sort of middle ground possibility could be to have Sam "guest post" when I'm having crazy stretches of time and just can't write.
*Image found here
So, we decided that a poll is in order. While I realize this certainly isn't life or death, and ultimately it will be my decision, if you had things your way, what would you choose? Note: You can select more than one option, but can only vote once.

If you're unable to view the poll (as has been the case for some in the past), you can directly access it here, or feel free to leave comments if the poll doesn't quite cover your thoughts, you have more to add, or you have experience with sharing a blog and want to offer words of wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.