Monday, October 24, 2011

Gorgeous Summer Temps to Freezing Winter

In typical Colorado fashion, our beautiful, sunny days of summer (which turn into sunny days of fall) are quickly coming to an end.
*Info from Weather Underground
Today, it was a quite warm, low-80 degree Fahrenheit day, and Wednesday, well, the forecasters are predicting a snowpocalypse. I feel myself clinging to the warmth of today, wishing, hoping for the snow to just go around us and move on to some other unsuspecting state, but I know that no matter what, the snow is on its way. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon, and for awhile.

My mental preparations that started several weeks ago haven't really adjusted my outlook in regard to what is coming. Fortunately, the sunny days are scheduled to return soon after the snow storm, though the temperatures will be cut in half. I do believe I need a change in outlook. Perhaps I should be excited that I now get to drag out the wool caps and warm scarves? Regardless of my mental state, I suppose winter is coming, ready or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.