Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Saddle Test

Does something seem wrong with this picture?
How about if I put a picture up from a different angle and crop in a bit more to see a certain section of my beloved Pepper Potts (Pashley Princess Sovereign) bicycle?
After posting the other day about my saddle issues on the Hillborne bicycle, I decided to put the Pashley saddle on the Hillborne to see how much difference it made.  It's a little strange to see Pepper in such a naked state, but rest assured, she won't be without saddle for long. While in class last night, Sam was kind enough to make the switch so that I could test it out today.

I have to admit, it's a little strange to see Pepper's saddle on Tony, but I think it works visually, so I was down for a test ride. Not surprisingly, the wider saddle made a world of difference in saddle comfort. I didn't go for a horribly long ride, as the wind has decided to try to kill us all with these 20-35 mph (or higher) winds for the last couple of days, but the ride quality was extremely improved over the narrower saddle.
I cannot believe what a difference it made. I know that the wider saddle is something that will be more comfortable because my handlebars are significantly higher than they 'should' be for a typical touring bicycle. I had zero pain in my sit bones, and I didn't feel any unnecessary rubbing on the sides of my legs/crotch area, which was one of my fears about a wider saddle.
Though the wind was beyond brutal, the sun was shining brightly, and I am happy to report that a wider saddle seems to be in my future for the Hillborne, and hey, if anyone happens to be in the market for a Champion Flyer S, I'm selling one for a decent deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word verification is on, but I've turned off the moderation portion in an attempt to make it easier for you to know that your comment has indeed made it through. We'll see how this goes, but I'm hopeful that this will help out and I'll try my best to weed through and remove spammers comments. Additionally, I recommend copying comments before hitting publish as the "blogger comment eater" seems to continue his snacking.