Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Saddle Test

Does something seem wrong with this picture?
How about if I put a picture up from a different angle and crop in a bit more to see a certain section of my beloved Pepper Potts (Pashley Princess Sovereign) bicycle?
After posting the other day about my saddle issues on the Hillborne bicycle, I decided to put the Pashley saddle on the Hillborne to see how much difference it made.  It's a little strange to see Pepper in such a naked state, but rest assured, she won't be without saddle for long. While in class last night, Sam was kind enough to make the switch so that I could test it out today.

I have to admit, it's a little strange to see Pepper's saddle on Tony, but I think it works visually, so I was down for a test ride. Not surprisingly, the wider saddle made a world of difference in saddle comfort. I didn't go for a horribly long ride, as the wind has decided to try to kill us all with these 20-35 mph (or higher) winds for the last couple of days, but the ride quality was extremely improved over the narrower saddle.
I cannot believe what a difference it made. I know that the wider saddle is something that will be more comfortable because my handlebars are significantly higher than they 'should' be for a typical touring bicycle. I had zero pain in my sit bones, and I didn't feel any unnecessary rubbing on the sides of my legs/crotch area, which was one of my fears about a wider saddle.
Though the wind was beyond brutal, the sun was shining brightly, and I am happy to report that a wider saddle seems to be in my future for the Hillborne, and hey, if anyone happens to be in the market for a Champion Flyer S, I'm selling one for a decent deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.