Monday, September 20, 2010

Giving In to Temptation

Early last week I finally gave in to my curiosity, and despite my utter fear of clipless pedals, I ordered a pair (as well as shoes) for the Hillborne, and they are scheduled to arrive today!

One of the funniest parts about this decision is that for the last few nights, I've had the most bizarre dreams about clipless pedals, sometimes finding clipless pedals in very strange places. For instance, one night I had a dream that I had to use a public lavatory, but the only ones I could find had toilets that only came with clipless pedals that the user had to clip in to in order to use the facilities. Another night I was dreaming about bizarrely shaped clips (they were long, triangular shapes) that wouldn't fit into the shoe (and vice versa), so I just kept falling over, because I would get trapped or hooked trying to get clipped in properly.
These are the Shimano pedals I ordered. They are single release pedals, so we'll see how it goes.
Though I seem to be having some anxiety about this (at least as the dream analysts would likely see it), I am actually looking forward to trying these out to see if it is something I can use functionally. The plan is to put the pedals on the hooptie bicycle first, so that if I do fall over, I won't harm the Hillborne. I'm hoping that I don't fall at all, but knowing how klutzy I can be, I'm sure there will be at least one fumble and tumble before the learning process is through.  Am I completely crazy for even trying this? I'm not sure, but I am looking forward to the experience, even if it doesn't work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.