Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Speaking of Bicycles...

I have come across several bicycle ideas and/or quotes and I just had to share some of them, because they were either amusing or something that just rang true.

Don't ever describe any bike, no matter how inexpensive or dilapidated, as "a piece of crap." - Rivendell Bikes

Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live. - Mark Twain

Never hit a pedestrian - Rivendell Bikes
(Sadly, I nearly broke this one today, but luckily we had a near miss rather than actually colliding with each other.)

A bicycle does get you there and more. And there is always the thin edge of danger to keep you alert and comfortably apprehensive. Dogs become dogs again and snap at your raincoat; potholes become personal. And getting there is all the fun. - Unknown

The negative attitude of cars is expressed in their very name, *automobiles*, which exalts the vehicle at the expense of the person transported by it. They are symbols of machismo, aggressivity and empty consumption. They've been perfected over the years, but they haven't evolved. They demand to be envied, feared, and lusted after. Most car designers waste space that should be devoted to passengers. Metal competes with flesh, and an object that should be our servant becomes our master. All that distance from humanity, all that self-importance... - Phillipe Starck

Don't ride until you're confident you can fix a flat - Rivendell Bikes
(I think I'm screwed with this one, because I'm not sure I'll ever be completely confident I can fix a flat.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.