Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Return From Vacation

The trip to the midwest was great fun, and now we're back and attempting to function while sleeping on the fold out couch for the next week or so. We took a ton of pictures on the trip, so I'll definitely need to share some of those, but I was so excited to get back and have my "real" bicycle available to use. We decided to do a short ride to get lemonade and coffee and I was just so excited to have the Pashley back, I thought I'd share a picture of the pretty Pashley with the handsome Globe.

Yesterday, we had to take her in for her first "check up" or tune up as most would call it. She was shifting a bit strangely, which was apparently due to some cable loosening, and she seems to be up to par again now. We actually rode to the store last night, and I have to say, I didn't enjoy that one as much because of the semi-severe wind that seemed to be working against us in both directions. Now, I seem to have injured the inside of my right ankle (Sam thinks this is due to wearing sandals while riding; I think it is due to the wind and the amount of pressure I was putting on my body to fight through the weather issues).

It is good to be home though, as I definitely missed the dogs (though they did enjoy having "grandma" stay with them), but I miss being in Wisconsin. I'm sure I've entirely idealised Madison and Milwaukee, but I fell in love with what I saw of the state and I feel as though I live in an arid desert now. Perhaps another visit will happen at some point in the future, but I'm definitely glad to have had the opportunity to see a different part of the country. As I said though, I'll definitely share some photos at a later point.

For now, it's back to things here in Colorado, and I suppose that means I have to actual finish painting the inside of the house in the very near future.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that comment issues when posting have been resolved; however, I recommend copying your comment before sending it through to make sure that Blogger doesn't eat your comment. If you still have problems, please feel free to email your comment and I will gladly post it for you either with your name or anonymously (whichever you prefer). Thank you.